Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's been a while

Yes, I've been running but no I haven't bee posting. Really I'm not sure why, I guess I didn't realize I wasn't updating my running posts.

I got to run in GA last week. We were down there for a conference and I had sometime one of the mornings. I like running new places. It's like getting to see the best of the area but on foot. I know it sounds cheese but it's like getting to "know" the area a little better. I've been to this particular house a couple dozen times, spent night there, I knew the place. But by running the area I discovered how hilly it was, how lush GA is compared to where I live and what trees look like that aren't pine.

I only managed 15 miles last week because of my travels. It's just not smart for me to run if I'm going to be in the car or sitting all day, which is what last week was. I get cramped up and find that I have new aches and pains if I do that.

Speaking of new aches and pains. I ran on Sunday. I was tired but was itching to get out for a run. I guess I was excited because my first mile was a 7:45 or something like that. It's not big deal that I ran a 7:45 mile the problem is I didn't give my chance to warm up. So I'm not sure if it was that or something else but after my run both my hip flexor (left) and my knee (right) was hurting. New type of pain.

So crap it! I didn't run monday but decided tuesday I could do it. I took it easy and kept my mile average at 8:40 or so for 6 miles. Then yesterday I did some easy miles on the treadmill at the gym and increased my speed each mile ending out the miles pretty fast. The stiffness in both my hip and my knee is pretty much gone. I'm happy about that!

No comments: