Monday, April 21, 2008

Long Run 10 miles in 1h36m30s

The debate raged. Do I do my long run today with the chance of rain on on Wednesday when it should be better weather. I like to do my long run on Monday. It clears my head and just seems to give my week a better start. I also enjoy the time praying- seems like a great way to start the week.

So I opted for the run today and wouldn't you know it I wasn't a block from home and it started raining. Running in the rain can be fun, sure you get a little wet but I'm usually drenched in sweat anyway so it really doesn't matter to me. About a half mile from home the rain really starts coming down. There is a point where you worry about getting wet and then again realize it really doesn't matter. So I ran on. It was REALLY raining and I enjoyed the looks I got from drivers passing me. Most of which are kind enough to try to not splash me with puddles.

It was during this run today that I realized that this whole running thing I'm into is not normal. In fact as my vision was impaired because of the rain I realized that I might be a little crazy. A few miles later I had confirmed it in my head, I was crazy.

I was shooting for negative splits, that is to run my 2nd half of the 10 miler faster than the first half. I achieved that and also ran my fastest time for 10 miles.

My garmin couldn't get a connection at one point so I actually ran further than 10 miles but oh well. I would guess it was more like 10.21 miles so a 9:29 m/mile pace.

No comments: