Saturday, May 31, 2008

Back in action

I wanted to take it easy this week mostly to just have a cut back week following my race on Saturday. 10-k's aren't a big deal as far as taking a toll on the body but with my ankle being sore I didn't want to push too hard and not recover. Well my ankle gets a little tight when I'm finished running but overall it feels great and I believe I can officially say I'm back in action.

Thursday I did 5.56 miles in 51:00 for a 9:11 m/mile and Today I did 5 miles in 48 minutes for a 9:36 m/mile pace.

So now my plan for the next few months. Since I run to race I've got a few races on the horizon. On July 29 I'll be running a 5k at Norfolk Botanical Gardens. My goal for this race will be 23 minutes. This will be Heather's debut 5k! The next race will be an 8k on September 27 at the Neptune Festival, VA. Beach. I haven't decided on a goal for this race but if all goes according to plan I'm shooting for 40 minutes. Then to wrap up the year I'll go for my longest race yet, a half-marathon. 13.1 miles of pure running pleasure. This race is in Richmond on November 15. The goal for this race will be 1:45.

No comments: