Friday, May 2, 2008

Week Review

Wow I just realized I hadn't put up a running post all week. This week was a cut back week which means 3 even runs of 5 miles each rather than a long day, easy day and speed day. Of course I hate standing still with my running so I modify the plan a little to incorporate some progress in the runs even though my mileage is taper just a tad.

Monday was 5.21 miles in 49:21 for 9:33 m/mile pace. Just pushing the tempo just a little as to what is comfortable.

Wednesday was 5 miles in 42:17 for 8:28 m/mile. I felt fresh the weather was nice so I just ran as hard as I could knowing I had to finish 5 miles. I was pretty spent at the end, I think I could have gone another mile but I was dragging.

Friday 5.27 miles in 51:00 for 9:41 m/mile pace. My legs were sore from working legs in the weight room on Wednesday but they loosed up about half way through and it was a nice run in my new shoes.

I love getting new shoes.

The countdown to the 10k has begun. My 48 minute goal is ambitious and slightly out of reach but those are the best goals so I'm going for it. I might be smoking crack because I will have to run 7:40 m/miles at the race and I don't think I've ever run an under 8 mile... in my life.

No comments: