Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Buzzard

I forgot to mention that on my long run on Monday I saw a buzzard. I was running on the road like I normally do and there in the middle of suburbia stands a buzzard. I first thought to myself- that's a weird bird to see around here. Then I thought to myself- am I running that slow?

Today I was forced to run on the treadmill which has quickly become one of the things I loathe. 3 miles in 27 minutes. An easy warm up, a 7:30 mile and an easy final mile.

Today I also passed 300 miles for the year. Never in my life did I ever think I would run 300 miles much less in a little more than 4 months. I've come so far and I'm proud of that. I'm starting to get hyped for the Elizabeth River Run (10-K) on May 24th. I sent my registration in this week and will do a race sim tempo run on Friday.

I'm also starting to set an a goal an under 23 minute 5k. I think eventually I can do a sub 20 min 5k.

No comments: