Thursday, September 25, 2008

6 miles

Due to a noreaster blowing into the area I thought it would be more fun to do my 6 miles at the gym today. The treadmills have tv's so I can channel surf while plugging away at my miles. I also find the treadmill is a mental battle to keep myself focused and slightly distracted to make it tolerable. I know that sounds confusing but essentially it makes running on the road much easier both physically and mentally.

Running on the treadmill is no big deal... that is unless I have to run on a treadmill beside "Slappy the lead foot wonder." There is a guy at the gym that runs. He runs so hard that his feet hit the treadmill at considerable velocity. I can hear his footfalls over the tv and turning the tv up doesn't help much. Just the rhythmic stomping of his lead feet. I refuse to run beside the guy. If he's on a treadmill I never get on the one beside him. Today I get on and start running and sure enough of all the free treadmills he wants the one beside me. Something distracted him for about 10 minutes so I had ten minutes in peace. He then returned and me and Slappy ran a few miles together. Like hamsters only one of the hamsters was vibrating the ground.

So 6 miles in 55:30- 9:15 m/mile

Yesterday I did 6 miles in 50:02, 8:21 m/mile. I'm not supposed to be running them so fast but I couldn't hold back, so I didn't.

No comments: