Monday, September 22, 2008

I smell

rain. I got out for my run today, 6 miles at easy pace. I was tired from Sunday, like I normally am but was looking forward to the time. I decided not to have a mental agenda. I normally leave the house with things I want to think about, ideas I want to process or "work" I need to get done. Today was not one of those days. I put on some worship songs and just enjoyed the run. My new favorite running song has been I will wait by Jason Upton. Our fill in worship leader introduced it to me a few weeks back and I realized I actually owned the cd and had it in my itunes. It's now on my ipod and getting lots of plays.

I wasn't far from home when I noticed something fresh in the air. I'm used to humid heavy air. I realized it was the smell of rain and I realized how incredible that smell is. I just filled my lungs with that moist fresh air and I ran.

6 miles in 53:20, 8:54 m/mile

No comments: