Saturday, September 13, 2008

Long

Went long this morning. I got in my new shoes yesterday, 2 pair to be exact and today pair "A" got a proper break in. The temp was only 75 degrees but the humidity was 97% and I could tell. It's not a shocker for my shirt to be soaked through by about mile 3 and by the time I'm done running I'm pretty much soaked in sweat from head to toe; no matter the time of year. But today by about mile 5 I was soaked from head to toe. By mile eight my shorts were so wet they were getting heavy and I was having to cinch the drawstring as tight as I could just to keep them up.

The humidity was draining on me but I hit my splits and properly broke in a pair of new running shoes. It's amazing how new shoes just make those little aches go away and amazing how bad shoes can make my knees hurt just a few miles into a run. Perfect timing on the shoes and with 2 pair of the exact shoe I should be able to make them last 6 or so months.

Splits:
1-9:24
2-8:54
3-8:58
4-9:10
5-8:37
6-9:11
7-8:28
8-8:38
9-8:31
10-8:47
11-8:43

No comments: