Monday, March 10, 2008

9.17 miles 99m39s

Drug myself out of bed at 6 AM wondering why it felt like 5 AM, wondering why I couldn't do my long run tomorrow so I could get more sleep today. I laced up the shoes wondering why I hated myself and was destroying my body by running so early in the morning. I step out the door wondering if I was mentally ill and if I was sane what sanity runs at sunrise in 38 degree weather. Left the porch wondering where I was running and how far I'd go.

From the first step of my run all of my wondering silenced and I just ran. It's the best feeling run I've had in a few weeks. I spent the first 3 miles just praying to God. Thanking him for putting my family where we're at in life and surrendering to him as to what he wants to do with us. I prayed for the birth of Seth which is scheduled to happen on Saturday. I prayed for my boys that God would capture their hearts at a young age and that they would learn that their hearts are safest in his hands. I prayed that my sons would be spears in the heart of the evil one. I prayed they will be powerful agents in God's kingdom. I prayed this for my friend's children as well. Then I prayed for my church, people in my church and that God would cause growth in us; in our hearts and as a corporate body.

Then I ran 6 more miles. My mind stayed clear my thoughts were focused and most of all my body was cruising.

Great run today!

10:48 m/mile pace

No comments: