Friday, March 28, 2008

5.4 miles 51:22

The weather said it would be 66 degrees during my run getting warmer as I ran. I threw on the sleeveless shirt grabbed the ipod and headed out for my 5 mile run. The headwind was pretty stiff at times but the run felt great. My legs felt great, my body felt great I was cruising. For most of the run I just forgot my garmin and I just ran. I continued to feel great as I pushed the pace. I ran the first 5 miles in 47:22 so 18 seconds slower than on Monday but if I start the clock at .4 miles and count the last 5 my pace would have broken my previous pr of 47:04.

Regardless off all that hype I learned something about taking a week to cut back on the mileage a little. First of all my body felt good when I ran, no nagging pain. The other is that my comfortable pace increased by about a minute. When I finished my 5.4 today I could have ran a few more at the same pace.

9:31 m/mile

No comments: