Thursday, August 28, 2008

Neglect

I didn't realize I had been neglecting this blog. I guess if you're fascinated by my daily runs you can check them out in my running log that is linked over in the right column. This week is cut back week. Cut back week is nice because it cuts out the long run and it cuts out the speed work and limits the runs to 5-6 miles. I love them because I also use them as a gauge to see how my easy pace has gotten faster.

Both of my easy runs this week have been at paces better than 9:00 m/mile, which is a first for me.


Monday: 5.3 miles at 8:29 m/mile
Tuesday: 6.18 miles at 8:27 m/mile
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: Hills 5 miles at 9:19 m/mile with 2 miles of hills total. Kicked my butt!

I've been getting runner's world magazine. I like the magazine and it's fun and sometimes informative. I also hear about Running Times and when I saw a subscription for $10 I jumped at it. I got my second issue in the mail a few day ago and I have to say that magazine is amazing. The articles are good and the information about running and training programs is excellent. Just one more tool to keep me from wandering around in the dark!

No comments: