Thursday, July 3, 2008

Week Review

This turned out to be a week in review.

Monday- an easy 5.3 miles just to get the legs moving again after the weekend. My legs certainly didn't feel fresh, that 102 degree run really wore me out for the rest of Saturday and then even some into Sunday. Even today (thursday) I haven't had a solid day of rest and taking it easy, I'm also not getting enough sleep at night.

Tuesday- 5.4 miles in 45:23- I needed the sleep so I didn't get up early and just decided to take it as my day off this week instead of Thursday. Then Heather came home from work and I had time for a run. I knew it was interval run day and I was ready to GO. After .5 mile warm up I hit my interval pace (5k goal pace) which is better than 7:45 m/mile. I've been running 800 meter intervals with 400 meter rests but for this run I decided to do 1600 meter (mile) intervals with 800 meter rests. I was sucking some serious wind but I was so elated to see myself hitting my miles at the exact pace I was shooting for. Today is 3 weeks away from my next 5k that's the 5k that I'm hoping to finish in 22:xx, I don't care what the xx is I just want to break 23 minutes. I'm ready to run it even if its hot and humid.

Wednesday- was that day off I was promising myself. My legs were shot from my interval run and hiking the hills at busch gardens pushing a stroller.

Thursday- 5.3 miles in 52:14, Got the blood flowing to my legs and the longer I ran the better they felt. I got a hydration pack last night, it's an Ultimate Direction Access. Holds a 20 oz bottle with a kicker valve and rides on the small of your back. I ran with it today and I've heard about them sloshing around. As soon as I started running I noticed the problem and almost headed home to take it off before it got all sweaty so I could return it but I cinched up the belt a little bit more and it seemed tolerable. The more I ran with it the better it felt so it's a keeper. I didn't really need it this morning considering it was only 70 degrees but it will come in handy for those longer runs and the runs where it's so hot.

No comments: