Saturday, June 28, 2008

102 Degrees

Two runs to report.

Today it's 98 with a heat index of 102. If I'm honest I just wanted to see if I could run in the heat and make it. Actually I knew I could make it I just felt the need to prove it to myself. I stashed my bottle so I'd pass it at mile 2 and mile 4. That's such a good plan. When I got to the bottle I took the time to walk a few feet to make sure I got some good sips in and got enough on my head to cool me off. This is the first time I've walked during a run and it was weird getting back started. It would have been worse to not get enough liquids in.

In short: my run today was hot. Mind blowing incredibly hot.

I kept thinking about 1 Cor 13- the passage I'm preaching from tomorrow. If I speak in the languages of men, or of angels. If I speak a heavenly language but don't have love, I'm but a resounding gong that is loud at first but flitters away to nothing eventually or a clanging sharp cymbal that gets attention at first but in a few seconds is gone...


I also ran yesterday (friday) morning. Nice easy 5.5 miles.

No comments: