Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Heat, Humidity, 5.25 miles in 50:19

I checked the weather before my run, only 70 degrees. Awesome I thought. Then I saw the "feels like"- 80, crap. The humidity is what does it. So the first mile felt like I was running in water but after that I sort of settled into my pace and focused on hitting my markers.

I noticed I was putting out more effort to maintain my easy pace and that is either due to the weather or to my tempo run on Monday. The best way to combat the heat is to run in it and I'll get used to it. I'm going to be smart about running when it's hot when the temps really heat up and it looks like I'll get practice starting tomorrow since the temps will be in the 90's.

Early morning runs here I come.


5.25 miles in 50:19- 9:36 m/mile pace

No comments: