Thursday, June 5, 2008

Trail Run- 5 miles 50 minutes

Today I was up in Newport News dropping the family off at the airport so I planned to stop by the Noland Trail at the Mariner's Museum for a run. The weather is hot here, today was our first day of a heat advisory and I have a feeling it won't be the last. I wasn't real hopeful for a great run because of the heat but I made sure I had some UGAde in the car. I set out on the 5 mile loop which to my surprise was around a lake and at one point overlooking the James River. Almost the entire trail was shaded and it was the best run I've had in a while.

The shade made it cool enough to enjoy and the trail kept my mind engaged so while I didn't have the active thinking time I normally do on runs the time passed by quickly. I also enjoyed passing other runners, which I don't get to do often.

The map says the trail is 5 miles, my garmin couldn't get a signal so I wasn't really able to gauge my pace the way I normally do but I kept it at about 10 m/mile.

I'm going to go run that trail again, maybe Sunday night or if I don't get there then I'll run it on Wednesday. I'm also going to run First Landing State Park down on the Ocean sometimes this week, maybe Monday real early so I can catch part of the sunrise.

No comments: