Monday, June 2, 2008

June, here I come. 5 miles in 46:09

Today was tempo run. I'm working towards the 5k for the end of July and I want to smoke that race like a cheap cigar. Except I don't smoke cigars so maybe I just like that saying. My run was planned to be 5 miles with the middle 3 miles at 5k pace which I currently have at 8:00 m/mile. I had a goal for myself to keep those middle miles at under 8:00 m/mile.

After a easy warm up at 10 m/mile I hit my tempo hard.

Mile 1: 7:55
Mile 2: 7:57
Mile 3: 7:58

Then a cool down mile at about 9:46.

I was hurting at this pace but when I was finished I felt good and felt like my 5k goal is achievable.

1 comment:

Neely said...

Man, you're running a fast mutha hunchin mile bro. Faster than I could ever dream of running...that's why I stick to the bike.

LiveSTRONG