Monday, June 16, 2008

Intervals 4x800 w/ 400 rests

5.3 miles in 47:30 which averages out to be a 8:58 m/mile. I was hoping my intervals would be at a 7:30 pace and to tell you the truth I'm not sure I hit that except for my first interval. I must have been running faster than my garmin could keep up (haha) because for some reason it wasn't keeping up with my interval speed. Seemed to be doing just fine on the recoveries though.

I hit the road at 5:50 this morning to beat the heat and by doing that I not only beat the heat but also beat the smoke. Wildfires south of here combined with the heat have really made the air quality very poor. Fortunately when I was running this morning the air was perfect.

I had two "first" today. The second (I'll save the better for last) I was running in a neighborhood and I run in the street to avoid having to go up and down every driveway down slope, it's just better on the knees. So I was running in the street and for the most part people are cool with just giving me a few feet so as not to run me off the road. This morning a woman was leaving for work and wasn't paying attention- almost wiped me out. I wasn't real worried about it, I was close to the curb and could have jumped out of the way if needed but she had no idea she was about to run me down. I think tomorrow morning she might be a little more attentive.

The first first was I was running toward the park and just rounded the corner to head down to the water and I saw what appeared to be a long dog bounding across the field. It was on a casual run, I then realized it wasn't a dog at all, or a cat, it was a fox. I'm assuming it was a red fox. I had no idea we had fox near my house.

No comments: