Saturday, June 7, 2008

5.5 miles in 54:55

I had aspirations of getting up early and running dow at the beach this morning. I noticed the temp today is supposed to be almost 100 and feel like well over 100. I'm still trying to acclimate myself to the heat and don't want to get into any dangerous situations. Since I don't know the trails down at the beach and I don't like carrying water with me on runs I decided to run Mariner's Museum Noland Trail again today.

I really really enjoy running trails. I can't keep my pace up for all the slopes and steps but I really enjoy challenging myself. It keeps my mind occupied while I run.

On another note I think 5 mile runs are my secret weapon or something. I'm losing weight like crazy this week and really can't explain it except the 5 mile runs that and running the heat generally means I have no appetite for the rest of the day.

On the way home I stopped by Dick's to see what they had on their clearance rack and I found two sleeveless Nike drifit shirts for $8 each. Whoo hooo. I'm trying to vary up my tanlines.

No comments: