Thursday, June 19, 2008

5.3 miles in 49 minutes

I did my first twofer today. Two runs today or as I affectionately refer to my runs in the neighborhood now, two laps. A lap happens to be 5.3 miles. So two laps today one at 6 AM and the other at 7 PM. Slightly surprising to me my second run was faster than my second by a full minute. I also got to say hi to a bunch more neighbors and I found that fewer people tried to run me off the road. I guess people are friendlier in the evening than in the morning. The funny thing is that I have this weird thing that I remember where people live by their car. So if a blue pt cruiser almost hits me I know exactly where they live, it's just one of those things about me. I wonder what people think when they don't give me room on the road to run, is it a pride issue (I have no business being on the road) or just ignorance that runner's need a little bit of space and don't enjoy being buzzed by cars.

9:15 m/mile pace.

Saturday is speed work.

No comments: