Monday, June 23, 2008

5.3 miles in 52:30

I think this is my slowest run in a long time. I was very tired this morning from not getting enough sleep the last week or so and I'm sort of dragging today. Hopefully I'll get to bed earlier tonight for some much needed rest. I took it easy on the run and actually just sat back and little and enjoyed the slow pace. I did notice on thing today. I was doing most of my miles at about 9:55 m/mile pace. I felt fine and besides a little stiffness in my hips all was well. Then for the final mile I wanted to see what I had in me and so I stepped it up to about 9:20 m/mile pace. I wanted to see the difference in how I felt. I felt better. I was breathing a little heavier than at the slower pace but overall it seemed more natural.

Go figure.

No comments: